Thursday, September 17, 2009

What A Stressful Week!!!

This week, I was loaded with homework. Well, anyways, for chemistry, we did many pages of worksheets. We learned many things about the periodic table. We discovered many trends in the periodic table. We learned that the elements with similar properties belonged to the same family (column). From the top to the bottom, the atomic size and mass increases. From left to right, the atomic mass increases. The Alkaline and Alkaline Earth Metals were very reactive. The Noble gases do not react. I also learned how ions were formed, either by adding or taking away electrons. The Group 1, 2, and 13 elements tend to form positive ions or cations. The elements in Groups 6 and 7 tend to form negative ions or anions. I learned how to write different isotopes with a special notation. We also have to do a webpage about a particular element. My element is Manganese (Mn). MN is my initials, so I chose manganese.

No comments:

Post a Comment