Friday, November 13, 2009

Week of 11/9/09

This week was one of the best weeks in school. It was pretty relaxing. It was not very stressful. I did not have a ton of homework. I also got many hours of sleep this week. Veterans Day was on Wednesday. On this day, my family and I went to Mayflower Restaurant. We have not been eating dim sum there for a long time. There was great food but my sister ordered too much food, so I got very full. Anyways, in chemistry, we learned about alloys. Alloys are mixtures of metal atoms. There were two different types of alloys, substitutional alloy and interstitial alloy. Also we did a lab and learned how to hand metals in different ways. In the lab, we did annealing, hardening, and tempering. In the lab, we saw metal turn into liquid and turn back into solid. It solidified very quickly. I poked the metal. It was very cool, like a blob. We learned how to name Type III Binary Compounds or covalent compounds. It was a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment