Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week of 1/19/10


This Monday, we had Martin Luther King Dr. day. We have a test tomorrow. It is going to be about solutions and pH. I feel so unprepared for it. I know about Molarity, but I do not really understand the neutralization reactions. This week, we did a lab about acids and bases. We learned about the pH level of certain solutions and food items. We used litmus paper to see if the solution was an acid or a base. Acids are taste sour, while bases taste bitter. Water self-ionizes. Strong acids and bases are dangerous. Foods tend to be acidic, while cleaners are basic. The pH scale is like a rainbow spectrum.
Yesterday when I was swimming I saw a rainbow. It was a half circle. It was only of my first times seeing this. It is very rare. Swim practice was great yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment