Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week of 1/25/10


This weekend, I had a swim meet at De Anza Cupertino. It was a Zone 1 North Championships. Our team got first place in our division. Our next team goal is to compete in Division 1, with PASA and DACA.
This week in chemistry, we learned about chemical reactions. There was some review about the ionic compounds and molecules. We balanced equations, but I already learned how to do this in 8th grade. However, the difference this year is that there are polyatomic ions. I have to memorize these ions and their charges. I learned some new terms such as precipitate. I learned that a catalyst speeds up a chemical reaction but it is not consumed by the reaction.
I think next will be one of the most stressful weeks because I have many tests. On Monday, I have a self-defense test and my poetry project is due. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I have the California High School Exit Exam Tests. On Thursday, I have a World War I chapter test and a Spanish Chapter 3 test. I have to study a lot. I am going to have another swim meet. This is going to be a distance swim meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment