Friday, March 5, 2010

Week of 3/1/10


This week, we learned about calorimetry. At first, it seemed confusing, but when I did more practice, I got used to the problems. the teacher showed a video about Q equals mc delta T. It was funny. I learned about the phase change curve. We did a lab about melting ice. There were three phases: solid, liquid, and gas. In between these phases, there was melting and vaporization(boiling). the opposite of melting was freezing, and the opposite of vaporization was condensation. the fusion of water meant melting or freezing. I learned how to do calorie- joule conversions.

This week was the first high school season swim meet. It was away at Terra Nova. I did pretty well at this meet. However, I think I could have done better. It was very cold there. I did not want to get out of the pool. We returned home very late. I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment