Friday, March 19, 2010

Week of 3/15/10


This week, we took a test on Monday. On Wednesday, we started a new unit on gases. So far, I think it is hard to understand. We learned about the general properties of gases. We did a lab on the pressure of gases. I thought the submarine diving was interesting. When we squeezed the bottle, the water level in the eyedropper rose. It was also cool how the can squashed, but I remember in eighth grade that my teacher showed us this experiment. I missed class on Thursday. I had a swim meet against Carlmont. The girls varsity tied. The girls JV lost. The varsity guys lost. The JV guys lost. I swam the 200 IM, 4x50 free relay, 100 breast, and 4 x 100 free relay. I added a second on my 200 IM. I totally died in my last 50 of the 200 IM, in the freestyle. We won the other Carlmont team in the 200 free relay by a touch. In the 100 breaststroke, I think I beat my time, but I am not sure because one of my times was 1:17.25 and the other was 1:17.03. I think I lost this race but a hand touch. I couldn't reach as far because my arms were short. In the 4 x 100 freee relay, my team won. It was an exciting meet because I thought girls varsity would lose, and we ended up with a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment