Friday, April 23, 2010

Mini-Project 1




Today, I baked Poor Man's Oatmeal cookies.
Here are the ingredients:
-2 cups of rolled oats
-1 cup of brown sugar
-1 cup of flour
-1/4 cup hot water
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 stick butter (1/4 cup)
-1 tsp. vanilla
I mixed the oats, sugar, and flour together first. In a separate bowl I mixed the water and baking soda. In another bowl, I mixed vanilla and butter. Next, I combined everything together. I scooped the mix into balls and put them on top of the cookie tray. I baked these trays in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. The result was yummy cookies.
SCIENCE: The baking soda caused the cookies to rise. The flour, which provides the framework, was the principal structure builder in the recipe.
Photocredit: Yvonne Ng

No comments:

Post a Comment