Thursday, August 20, 2009

Penny Lab

Yesterday in Chemistry class, we did a penny lab. We turned a copper penny into a golden color. First, we placed the penny into the melted zinc. Th penny turned into a silver color. I brought a very dirty penny to class and it seemed to come out like it was cleaned naturally. I barely had to wash my penny. There was some chemical reaction. I don't think I made real gold. I think only the color was changed. I liked this experiment because there was some chemical reaction. This fun part of the lab was putting the silver penny into the fire and watching the penny turn into the golden color. I think it would be cool to see the penny crumble, but you had to put the penny in the fire longer. I wonder if it is possible to change the golden penny back into a copper-colored penny. This lab was overall interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment